Wednesday, July 22, 2015




Southwest Sunrise
9” x 12” oil 
The Virtual Paintout is an art challenge, where one uses Google Street View in a pre-chosen destination to depict people and places there. And it is a challenge - to find one scene out of so many that interest you - using the unwieldy new google street view - but fun none the less. This month we are in Sante Fe, New Mexico. I chose this scene because I like how the early morning sun raked across the land, casting shadows onto that house with those blue window frames. I could imagine myself standing out there painting it.

This piece is painted on all side of the canvas,  it can be framed or hung up just as it is.






To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks, or visit me at Artistes de Studio, a site dedicated to studio work. Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment