Sunday, December 21, 2014

La Casa Vecchia
Rome, Italy
9” x 12” oil on canvas
starting bid:  $75

The Virtual Paintout has gone to Rome! Using Google Street View, I wandered around that wonderful city looking for just the right thing to paint. I was looking for something that would go beyond the familiar sites and express my love for this city. This is what spoke to me: a big old house that looks like it has sheltered generations of family members. It feels like it’s in the country yet it is still  in the city limits. You can easily imagine Nonna in the kitchen, Nonno out in the garden, the family coming together for Sunday dinner.

This little piece is painted on all sides of the canvas, so it could be framed, or you could hang it up as it is.





To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at The Daily Paintworks, or visit one of the other sites I show at. Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment