Monday, December 1, 2014

A Garden in Terrace
Anne and Bruce’s Garden
12” x 24”  o/c
a gift

Sometimes, the best thing about being an artist is that you can escape the bustle of a wedding kitchen and slip out into the garden to paint. I had just such luck on a recent, happy visit to Canada.  The quiet of Anne and Bruce’s prolific garden called me away from wedding preparations - but even the flowers were being whisked away for table decorations as I painted them.

This is the finished painting of that garden in Terrace, B.C., and it is meant to be a happy reminder of important occasion in their lives. I only had a short amount of time to do the study and a limited palate of acrylic paint, so the finished piece is quite a bit different than the study (published earlier, but shown again below).





To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks, or visit my Facebook page! Thanks for looking.




No comments:

Post a Comment