Saturday, November 12, 2016

Early Moon
12 x 9 "  oil on canvas
gifted

The Virtual Paintout is an art challenge which uses Google Street View and visits a new location to paint or draw the landscape each month. It encourages creative changes in a picture, as long as you stick to the street view as a reference. This month we have gone to Tijuana, Mexico.  I found this hillside with the sun shining directly into the camera, and knew I could make many creative changes. (You can see the original site by clicking here.) I had a lot of fun working with the landscape shapes and the colors, using artistic license to get exactly what I wanted. 

The paint covers all sides of this canvas. It can be framed, but you could hang it up just as it is; it would look nice that way, too.




To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks.  Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment