Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Walk in Fauve Woods
14 x 11 ”  oil on canvas


The inspiration for this piece came from a trail at Stevens Creek Park in Cupertino, Ca. where we were hiking.  I knew this scene would make a great painting, so I snapped a picture. Other projects came first, so I just let the photo sit, until I had the time to paint it. How to paint it was then the question – whether to use realism, or let my imagination loose and paint it "creatively." Slowly, I began to see the scene in a Fauve style. Here’s a picture of what it really looks like. As you can see, I only changed it a little!



The painting covers all sides of the canvas. It can be framed, but you could hang it up just as it is; it would look nice that way, too.



To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment