Saturday, March 12, 2016


Snow Queen
12” x 16”   oil 


Well, this was the find of the season!  A plain old amaryllis bulb, bought at a discount store, bloomed into this regal beauty. Someone said it's called “Snow Queen,” which I thought to be a perfect name. It (she) bloomed up on a long stalk into this heavy beauty, then fell over and broke, and ended her days in an egg vase on the kitchen table. Her elegance demanded that I paint her, do a good job, and get it right! (Hopefully, I did!)

This piece is painted on gallery wrapped canvas (1.5”); the picture continues minimally on all sides. It hangs flush against the wall and does not need framing, but you could frame it if you like.

To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. This piece is also available as a print at Fine Art America. Follow the link to see how it would look. 
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment