Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Old Gate
9” x 12”   oil 

I love this gate, don’t you? The Virtual Paintout has gone to Majorca, the island off the coast of Spain for the month of February.  Using Google Street View we artists travel around looking for something that strikes our fancy to paint or draw. I decided to go out into the countryside to find something noteworthy for my piece. And I found it here with this old gate - at least I think it’s old, it seems to stand alone without a fence. Whatever, I thought it was a wonderful spot, with that bush coming into bloom, those old buildings, and that big field. It all evokes a sense of timelessness. You can see for yourself by clicking here

This piece is painted on canvas, on all sides. It can be framed, but you can just hang it up, if you like.



To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment