Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Red Earth
9" x 12"  oil on canvas
 $75

The Virtual Paintout has traveled to New South Wales this month for some drawing and painting. Using Google Street View, we depict local scenes that appeal to us. I went outside Byrock, and found this lovely scene. This shade of red earth may be more intense when it's cloudy or rainy, like when Google took the street view pictures. But this scene, these colors, were what I really wanted to paint, and perhaps I used a bit of artistic license! Maybe someday I will get the chance to travel there and paint the landscape from real life! (Click here to see where I painted!) 

This piece is painted on all sides of the canvas. It can be framed, but you could hang it up, just as it is.





To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment