Sunday, January 25, 2015

Morning Light on Hamilton
9" x 12"  oil on canvas
 $75


The Virtual Paintout is an art challenge where one uses Google Street View at a specific location to find a scene to paint or draw. We have gone to the Philadelphia area this month.  I wandered around the streets looking for something to paint. I found this scene in Darby, near the city limits. The sun was just coming up, and one side of the street was bright, while the other side was still in near darkness. The water tower hovering above added to the charm. Here's the link - you can see how I painted it!

This piece is painted on all sides of the canvas, so it could be framed, or you could hang it up, just as it is.




To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks, or visit my Facebook page. Thanks for looking!





3 comments:

  1. What a charming scene. My favorite part is how the sun just catches the top of the big bush/tree at the end of the row of red housing, and lights it up, while the lower part is still snuggled in darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from Retta, that's quite a compliment! Her work is bright, innovating and charming! Check her sketchbook art out!

    ReplyDelete