Thursday, November 21, 2013

In Town
Akranes, West Iceland
9" x 12"   oil on canvas
 nfs

The Virtual Paintout has traveled to Iceland this month to do some painting and drawing.  A Nordic  island country that has vast landscapes, high peaks and (obviously) lots of ocean views. All wonderful subjects for the landscape painter, and many have done a fine job, as you can see. However, it was this bright sunny neighborhood that caught my eye. I was in a mood to paint houses, I guess, and this house with its tall peak roof and high steps, the cart in the yard and all that sunshine just caught my eye. I just put some flowers in that pot on the steps!

This painting is painted on all sides, so it can be framed , or hung  just as it is.



To see more of my work, you can visit my Gallery page at The Daily Paintworks, or find me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment