Saturday, July 24, 2021


Pewter Roses 
         9 x 12"   Oil on canvas  
                                                                             $125

This piece has has been a challenge as well as a pleasure to paint. Started as an experiment with a black and white photo, the idea was to produce a loose, easy piece in gentle pastel colors. Not how it ended up! It feels as much like a colored photograph or drawing as a painting, and is, well, mostly grey. Gray is not a color I naturally turn to, and mixing all the colors down to their lowest shade was a bit of an effort. But it felt right, and it felt as though I should just keep going to the finish. 

This piece begs for a frame, in my opinion, but it is painted on all sides and could be hung up on the wall just as it is. I am happy to put a wire on back.


To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at th Daily Paintworks. And as always, thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment