Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trumbull Street Underpass,
Detroit, Michigan
9" x 12" acrylic on board
sold

The Virtual Paintout took a staycation this month and only traveled as far as Detroit. There were so many things to paint, big city buildings, some nice houses, some ruined ones, lots of industrial sites and some interesting examples of Americana and its curiosities. Looking at the work submitted by the different artists, you can see what I mean. Personally, I was really in a mood to paint trees, and discovered that the railroad tracks have lots of greenery around the underpasses. When I found this water tower peeking out through the trees, I knew I'd found my spot!

You can see more of my work by visiting my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks, or visit me on Facebook! Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment