Friday, September 1, 2017

The Sunflowers' Song
14 x 11" Oil on canvas
The Daily Paintworks   
sold


It seems like every picture of sunflowers has its own story - you could call it a song. Some are happy and full of hope, others express the power of beauty, while others might convey a feeling of poignancy. No matter how you think about them, they seem to symbolize great emotion. Rarely are sunflowers depicted as “just flowers.” While I feel differently about sunflowers at different times, they always attract me - to grow, to display, and to paint. What these sunflowers sing to me is a song with a little of everything in it. A happy melodic tune that ascends to sweet, high notes, but then turns down to catch some minor chords, reminding me that in so much beauty, there is often a hint of sadness. But perhaps that’s just me. I hope you find a worthy tune that plays in your head when you look at this painting.

To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!







No comments:

Post a Comment