Sunday, June 18, 2017

Pinks
9  x 12 ” 
mixed-media (oil and acrylic) on canvas
starting bid: $75


These flowers were found in Retalhuleu, Guatemala, near the Pacific coast. Guatemala is where The Virtual Paintout has gone this month, and participating artists use Google Street View to paint or draw the landscape. I found these flowers on a street corner, and felt they would make a good subject for a painting,I hope you think so, too. They are of an unknown variety (unknown to me, that is) and if you know what they are, please let me know. You can see them for yourself by clicking here.


This piece is painted on all sides of the canvas. It can be framed, but you could hang it up just as it is.  It is painted with a mix of acrylics and oils, as I wanted to contrast the lushness of the flowers with the dry dusty feel of the city behind it.





To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment