Saturday, April 23, 2016


Mid-Day Sun
9" x 12"   oil on canvas
The Daily Paintworks  $75

This piece was painted for the The Virtual Paintout. We artists tour a pre-designated area, and using Google Street View, find something we'd like to paint or draw. The island of Sri Lanka was the chosen destination for this month.  I found my spot not far from the port, in the city of Colombo - this street is called Sri Gunananda Mawatha.  Though it is actually a bustling little area, I made things slow down a bit to when the day’s heat would impose a kind of quiet, so that sun and shadow would be the key players here.

This piece is painted on all sides of the canvas. It can be framed, but you could hang it up, just as it is.





To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment