Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Woods Near Loch Dochfour
9” x 12”  Acrylic on canvas
sold

The Virtual Paintout has traveled to Scotland this month. Using Google Street View, artists are invited to paint or draw a local scene. I chose this wooded area at the edge of Loch Dochfour which is right below the Ness River. I didn’t exactly plan to paint it like this, but I got to work, and inspiration just took over. You can see what it really looks like by clicking here.  This is one of the wonderful things about creativity, it takes on a life of it’s own.

This piece is painted on all sides of the canvas. It can be framed, but you could hang it up, just as it is.




To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment