Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Wild Woods
Monterey, California
9" x 12"   oil
$75

The Virtual Paintout has gone to the Monterey Peninsula to do some drawing and painting. Using Google Street View, we select a scene that appeals to us and try and capture it - via the magic of the internet and our artistic efforts!

I love the Virtual Paintout because it gives me a chance to experiment with different styles and colors,  to paint pieces I might normally never think to do. While I doubt very much I would stand in this little woods and paint this scene like I have here, it was fun to try it, and play around a bit! (You can see what it really looks like by clinking on the link here.)


This piece is painted on all sides of the canvas,  it can be framed nicely, or hung up just as it is.




To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment