Sunday, June 17, 2012

San Gimignano, Italy

Along the Walls of San Gimignano
14" x 18'   oil on canvas
$125

It's not about me for the month of June. Family concerns call me away from the easel with  no time to paint. Sigh.  So I am posting paintings of Italy done from photographs. It would be nice to be there now, even with all the summer crowds.

San Gimignano is known for it's towers, 15 of them now, but it also has these beautiful pathways around the city walls that you can walk on. There are stunning views everywhere you look, this is one of the cypress trees and their shadows in the morning sun, with the Tuscan countryside beyond.

To see my other works, please visit my Gallery page at The Daily Paintworks. If you'd like to purchase this piece - or any other, you can do so through that website, or by simply clicking on the Paypal button on your left. Thank you.



1 comment:

  1. Love this. The composition is wonderful and I really want to walk on the path and discover what is next.

    ReplyDelete