Monday, November 7, 2011

The Road to Arles
9 1/2" x 13"  oil on board
$75

I actually painted this piece back in May. That was when The Virtual Paintout - a challenge where you paint from the Google map - went to Cote d'Azur. I, however, turned the wrong way and went west to Arles, where I went van Gogh crazy and decided to paint where van Gogh himself might have painted, setting up our easels side by side as it were. You can read about it here.

So when The Virtual Paintout went to Arles this month, I was thrilled! This little piece is one of my favorite paintings, and now I can show it as it was meant to be seen!

You can see more of my work, or purchase this painting (or many others) by visiting my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!



7 comments:

  1. Great color! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, don't know if it's just my browser, but it appears that your color choice for comment text renders the comment itself almost invisible. I had to drag the mouse over to select before I could tell it was even there. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A - #1 Thank you. I really enjoyed painting it!
    #2 About the background thing - I know, and I have been messing with it for months now. I changed the bottom, where you can see the comments, but I hesatate to redo the overall color/design. Any ideas to fix this would be welcome. Thanks for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the pop-up window for comments, so I've never had to figure that out, but there's bound to be something under Design>Template Designer>Advanced that would allow you to brighten or darken the comment text. Without changing the background at all, you know. (I agree, the backgtound color is great the way it is. Your painting really stands out against it.)
    Anyways, that's where I'd look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, I just monkeyed around with my blog colors a bit, to see what might be what - on mine at least.
    I noticed on your blog the "Posted by..." and "Labels" titles were also disappeared into the background, just like the comments text, so I went into my advaned Template Designer page and changed stuff back and forth 'til I found what changes those: It's the "Sidebar Title Text" setting! Who knew?!
    Well, since those are the same color as your comment text, maybe changing them will do it...???

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. - Thank You So Much!!!!!! Now if only I could get those 200+ hours I spent trying to make this thing work, I would be ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome! Happy to help. Looks good too!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete