Tuesday, October 16, 2018


The Rising Moon
24 x 36"   Oil on canvas
sold

This painting (straight out of my imagination) started as a "paint dump" -  a way to use up excess paint. When I have too much paint at the end of a session, I ply it on an extra canvas. At some point an image or idea takes shape and I work with it. It's one of my favorite ways of painting. No rules, no constraints, just see what happens while not wasting paint. I'll bet many artists do this.

As the images began to take shape and I began to see a story - the moon rising over a distant land, like something in an old adventure where something compelling is about to happen. It's that quiet moment before excitement begins! 

Before it was finished it was sold, and then, thinking about the people who bought it, I was able to finish off the details with them in mind. They are some of my favorite people, so it was really a lot of fun!

It's a big painting, so I've included details:






To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at The Daily Paintworks. Thanks for looking!









No comments:

Post a Comment