Tuesday, June 12, 2018



Kitchen Counter Amaryllis
14 x 11"  Oil on Canvas

This is the third year this magnificent flower, "Snow Queen"  has bloomed, and the third time I have painted it. 


The first time I gave it the royal treatment it deserved:


"Snow Queen"




The second time, I put it in a still life, in a pointillistic style.












"Snow Queen in Bloom"




But this year, I caught sight of it while it was being watered, on the kitchen counter, and decided to paint it just is it was, right there. I think it makes for a rather nice little scene.




This piece is painted on all sides of the canvas. It can be framed, but you could hang it up just as it is.






To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at the Daily Paintworks.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment