Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Remnants of Summer
8” x 10”  oil on canvas
$75.

Nine feet from my backdoor, I pass this little scene daily. The heavy drought and long lasting summery weather have left a little of what was here before - it was lush in summer.  I have always meant to paint it, but never got around to it. But then there was a painting challenge on facebook (here's the link). Greg Summers (a terrific artist) hosts the occasional challenge, and this one is “Looking Out My Back Door”.  I love challenges like this, all entries are unique and special in their own way, and I get to see how other people paint where they live. 


This piece is painted on all sides - it can be framed, or you can just hang it, as it is.



To see more of my work, please visit my Gallery page at The Daily Paintworks, or visit one of the other sites I show - Facebook has several groups devoted to painting.  Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment